Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

FEED ME SEYMOUR, FEED ME NOW!!!

"Must be blood."
"Two-ey, that's gross!"
"Must be fresh."
"I don't wanna hear this."
"Feed me, Seymour, feed me all night looong!"

The Little Shop of Horrors is here at last!  The Duvaliandra bud is beginning to open!  It has been almost a month since the bud formed, and now the flower is going to be bigger than the branch!   Whoa! 

The petals are opening up like a mouth, and I can't help but think of Audrey II from the Little Shop of Horrors.  If it starts singing, I won't fall for its empty promises.  I stayed awake through the second act of that Broadway play.  Don't feed the plants!
Poor Audrey.

Stay tuned for more pics!  I know you wish you were here for the blooming of this rare and endangered succulent plant, but I promise plenty of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment